- When buying a new washing machine, the first question you should ask is whether you want a front loader or a top loader - see below for our in-depth comparison.
- Buying a clothes dryer? Is your laundry room well-ventilated? If not, you might want to invest in a dryer venting kit, or opt for a condenser dryer that doesn't expel moist exhaust.
- Always double-check the measurements of your laundry's available space! Be sure to leave some extra room for doors and lids to open, as well as taking into consideration the power cords and drainage hoses. You should also make sure that your new washing machine can fit through the door of your laundry room.
- Washers with lots of specialised programs may sound impressive, but they can sometimes prove confusing to operate. Look for washing programs that you're likely to use regularly, and make your product choice accordingly.
- Fast spin speeds give you faster drying times, but they can be damaging to delicate garments. Look for a washing machine with an adjustable spin speed.
Washers: Buying guide
Dryers: Vented vs Condenser
Getting the right size is important - too small and you'll have to run several loads; too large and you'll waste resources. The table below should give you a general idea:
- Generally speaking, the larger the appliance, the more power it will need.
- Front load washing machines tend to be more energy and water efficient than top loaders. However some modern top loaders include Eco Modes that minimise energy and water usage.
- Heat pump dryers recycle their own heat exhaust - making them some of the most energy efficient dryers available.
Warranty & Service
Appliances Online sells only brand new appliances with full manufacturer's warranties - not factory seconds.
All the laundry appliances we stock come with a standard warranty (usually 2 years, depending on the manufacturer). However, you also have the option of buying an extended Customer Care Plan from Appliances Online.
Our Customer Care Plans are available at the time of purchase. You can purchase a Care Plan of 2, 3 or 4 years - which will begin once the original manufacturer's warranty is up.